Why Search Engine Optimization Is A Long Term Process
Search engine optimization (https://www.ranknr1.no/) is a process that deals with the steps to improve the content, layout and other elements of a website such that it appears at the top of a search result. It starts with a simple task such as editing the content to some complex tasks such as web crawling. We know that when a page appears at the top of a search result, there is a greater possibility of people visiting that website and search engine optimization tries to achieve this. The following are some of the reasons for considering major steps involved in search engine optimization https://www.ranknr1.no/sokemotoroptimalisering.html:
* Improving the content: Content improvisation is an important step that comes in search engine optimization. Since we update our website with new contents regularly, we must ensure that every time some new content is added, it is optimized for a particular keyword phrase. Hence this step may even be called as keyword optimization. Optimizing the content for a particular keyword will ensure that our website is shown on top of the search results for that particular keyword. Since we update our website regularly, this is considered a long-term process.
* Web crawling: Sometimes we may wish for certain pages of our website to not to be indexed by any search-engines. This can be done in two ways:
1. Using Meta tag: Meta tags are the HTML tags that are used to communicate with search engine crawlers. If we add certain attributes with the Meta tag, we can prevent the crawler from caching a particular webpage.
2. Using robot.txt file: This is a text file that can be found in the root directory of a domain. This is also the first file that is parsed by a search-engine to find out what are the pages that are not to be crawled.
This process has to be performed each time we add a new web page to our website.
* Back linking: Back linking is an important part of search engine optimization. It is the process of creating inbound links to our website. Apart from the search results, this is the main source of traffic for a website. There are many ways to create back links. Some of them are outlined below
1. Social Bookmarking: There are a number of social bookmarking sites where people spend lots of their internet time. Some of the famous ones are Facebook, Twitter, digg, etc. We can add our back links to these bookmarking sites.
2. Forums: We may also add our back links in popular web forums or panel discussions.
As we add new pages to our website, we must ensure that we create sufficient back links for each of them. The importance of back links is that the number of back links for a particular website has a direct effect on its page rank.
In conclusion, from the above description of the major steps involved in the SEO process, we may find that most of them are never ending in nature, so search engine optimization is considered as a long-term process. https://www.ranknr1.no/responsive-web-design.html.